Reopening as of June 15th!
Important Memo from Mike Benninger
Dear students & parents,
We are excited to resume in person lessons effective June 15th! We are approved by NYS for a phase 2 opening under NAICS 611610 as a “Fine Arts School”
Here's our action plan:
1. You will continue to have the option to have your lessons online, for as long as you'd like. We offered this option before the pandemic, and we will offer it after. It is your choice as to when you resume in person lessons with us, once we reopen for in person lessons. Online lessons will always be an option for you.
2. We are reopening for in person lessons on June 15th. Teachers will be at the school to teach lessons if you choose to come to us OR if you prefer to Zoom in. Either way your lesson will occur at your normal day and time.
3. We are following the CDC guidelines to keep students, teachers and staff safe and here's what they are:
• We ask that every student upon arrival to wash their hands.
• We ask that you wear a mask upon entry and for the full duration while in the building. We will provide one if you do not have one.
• We have plenty of hand sanitizer in each teaching room as well as the common areas.
• We have complimentary disposable gloves if you would like one, just ask the office. These are FREE for our students to use.
• We ask that for now you do not wait in the waiting areas, but that you wait in your vehicle while your child's lesson is being held. What's really cool is you can ZOOM into the lesson with your phone and watch every minute from your vehicle if you'd like. (You just have to let us know that you want this option) If you arrive early, please either call or text the office to let us know that you are here, and we will let you know when your teacher is ready for you. Then, we will meet you at the door to escort your child inside.
• We ask that students and parents not to come to NWMA if either are exhibiting ANY of these symptoms and suggest either conducting the lesson via ZOOM or having a lesson mate makeup.
CDC-identified symptoms of COVID
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fever and Chills
• We will also have clear curtains to divide our smaller rooms.
• We always maintain a very clean environment and are cleaning the schools multiple times a day.
• Scheduling more deep cleanings from our professional cleaning service.
• Our office staff will be standing by to assist you as normal , Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. -6 p.m., and Sundays 9:30 a.m.- 6 p.m. So please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with your in person lessons, online lessons or anything else.
We cannot wait to see you in person at lessons!
Thank YOU for being a part of the NWMA family!
Got questions? We're here to help!
Mike Benninger - director